We, The Music Room of Glasgow Ltd, are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Our relationship with you is valuable and we understand the importance you place on the privacy and security of information that personally identifies you. In that respect, and whether you are a first time visitor to our website or a regular user, we take your privacy seriously. Please read the following in order to learn more about how we use the information collected about you, how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information and procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy.
1. The information we collect and what we use it for
1.1 We collect personally identifiable information when you register with us and when you order our products. We may also receive information about you from our business partners or marketing firms. We ask you for personal data only when it is needed to provide goods you have enquired about or asked us to provide or to respond to your requests for information. [Our registration process involves providing us with personal information including your name, address, credit card details, e-mail address and mobile telephone number.] We also receive and record information by tracking user traffic patterns throughout our sites to maintain a record of the movements of visitors to our site and purchasers of our goods.
1.2 We use this information in order to customise the advertising and content you see on our pages, to fulfil your request for certain products and services, to communicate with you generally, to contact you about special offers, promotions or new products and as permitted in terms of our Terms and Conditions.
2. What information do we share?
2.1 There are times when we require to share the information we learn from you with other parties. However, the information we hold on our customers is an important part of our business and it is not our business to sell or rent this information to others. We will send personally identifiable information about our customers to other companies or people, however, in the following situations:
- 2.1.1 Agents: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions in certain situations on our behalf. Examples of these functions include e-mail, providing marketing assistance and data analysis, handling credit card transactions, fulfilling orders and providing customer service. These agents have access to the personal information required in order to perform their functions but may not use it for any other purpose.
- 2.1.2 Subsidiaries and strategic partners: We may share customer information with subsidiaries under our control and also with our affiliated businesses but we only share customer information relating to a transaction with that business.
- 2.1.3 Promotional Offers: Other companies sometimes ask us to market their products and/or services on our site and we sometimes send these offers to our customers on behalf of these other businesses. When we do this, we will not give that business your name and address. If you don't want to receive such offers, please let us know by sending us an email us from our Contact page
- 2.1.4 Business Transfers: We are continually trying to expand and improve our business and we may sell or buy businesses or assets in these transactions. Customer information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these situations and in the event that The Music Room of Glasgow Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information may be one of the transferred assets.
- 2.1.5 Compliance with law: We will release personal information on our customers where we are required to by law. We may also exchange other information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
2.2 Please note that in relation to paragraphs 2.1.1, 2.1.2 and 2.1.4 above in specific circumstances we may send personally identifiable data about our customers to third parties based in countries outside the European Union which may have laws that are less protective of your personal data than countries within the European Union. We will however ensure, as far as reasonably possible, that your rights are not compromised.
All information is received by us and retrieved using secure technology. In order to provide a safe and secure environment for your personal information we try to use up to date technology with a view to protecting that information against loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Firewalls are used to block unauthorised traffic to the servers and the actual servers are located in a secure location which can only be accessed by authorised personnel. The effectiveness of our safety measures can be enhanced by you creating passwords that cannot be easily accessed, guessed or reproduced by unauthorised persons.
5. Requests for Information
5.1 You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Music Room, 33-35 West Graham Street, Glasgow, G4 9LJ.
5.2 If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete please email us as soon as possible at the above address.
6. Links to Other Websites
We may edit this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our web pages.
8. Questions or Suggestions
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this policy or believe we are not properly adhering to it, please send an e-mail from our Contact page.